Beckingham Road, Great Totham, Maldon CM9 8EA
DATA PROTECTION POLICY
1. Policy brief & purpose
Our Company Data Protection Policy refers to our commitment to treat information of employees, customers, stakeholders and other interested parties with the utmost care and confidentiality.
With this policy, we ensure that we gather, store and handle data fairly, transparently and with respect towards individual rights.
This policy refers to all parties (employees, job candidates, customers, suppliers etc.) who provide any amount of information to us.
3. Who is covered under the Data Protection Policy?
Forrester Park employees must follow this policy. Contractors, consultants and any other external entity are also covered. Generally, our policy refers to anyone we collaborate with or acts on our behalf and may need occasional access to data.
4. Policy elements
As part of our operations, we need to obtain and process information. This information includes any offline or online data that makes a person identifiable such as names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers etc.
Our company collects this information in a transparent way and only with the full cooperation and knowledge of interested parties. Once this information is available to us, the following rules apply.
Our data will be:
• Accurate and kept up-to-date
• Collected fairly and for lawful purposes only
• Processed by the company within its legal and moral boundaries
• Protected against any unauthorized or illegal access by internal or external parties
Our data will not be:
• Communicated informally
• Stored for more than a specified amount of time
• Transferred to organizations that do not have adequate data protection policies
• Distributed to any party other (exempting legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities)
In addition to ways of handling the data the company has direct obligations towards people to whom the data belongs. Specifically we will have available to them at any time:
• Details on which of their data is collected
• How we process their data
• Who has access to their information
5. Control of Data
The person with overall responsibility for the control of data within the company is Annie Forrester-Muir. Data is handled by Leo King, Katie Plumb and Alex Bruce.
To exercise data protection we are committed to:
• Restrict and monitor access to sensitive data
• Develop transparent data collection procedures
• Train employees in online privacy and security measures
• Build secure networks to protect online data from cyberattacks
• Establish clear procedures for reporting privacy breaches or data misuse
• Communicate statements on how we handle data
• Establish data protection practices (document shredding, secure locks, frequent backups, access authorization etc.)
• Have provisions in cases of lost, corrupted or compromised data
• Allow people to request that we modify, erase, reduce or correct data contained in our databases
7. Disciplinary Consequences
All principles described in this policy must be strictly followed. A breach of data protection guidelines will invoke disciplinary and possibly legal action.